Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Spring 2015 Adventure Trip Staff Assignments

It's hard to believe that a year ago I was in guide school canoeing in Big Bend's backcountry and now I'm mid-way through a NOLS wilderness first responder course and assigned to lead guide some UT RecSports trips this spring!

For Spring 2015, I've been assigned to:
  • 2/14-2/16: Camping/Caving Colorado River at Colorado Bend State Park with Andrea and Joseph.  I've been meaning to go camping and hiking at Colorado Bend State Park, so this trip should be fun.  I'm also excited about it being my first trip as lead guide!
  •  2/20-2/22: Hill Country Backpacking at Lost Maples State Natural Area with Ellie and Morgan.  I guided this exact trip in the Fall, but I'm excited to go back and get more experience lead guiding.
  •  3/14-3/21: Alternative Spring Break to Mission:Wolf with Emily and Tommy.  I'm the third guide on this trip, and I instinctively have some reservations about an animal sanctuary that allows humans to have contact with wolves, but I'm excited about being part of another alternative spring break trip and I'm trying to go into Mission:Wolf with an open mind.  I'm specifically excited about getting to do some hiking on national forest lands, improving my leadership and guiding skills, and just getting away from everything for a week.
  • 5/20-5/24: Backpacking South Rim at Big Bend National Park with Brad and Andrea.  I did this hike as a very gruelling day hike, so I'm really excited to do it as a backpacking trip where we can have really low mileage every day and have much more time to enjoy the beautiful scenery.  It will also be my first extended trip as lead guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment