Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Santa Elena Trip Cancelled

I was informed this afternoon that the end-of-semester Santa Elena canyon trip to Big Bend National Park was cancelled due to a lack of interest.  I'm pretty disappointed as I was really looking forward to it.  The entire trip - both through the desert and in the canyon - is so incredibly beautiful and remote.  I'm super bummed to not be going on it.

To add to the disappointment, my ability to guide future trips is also in doubt right now.  Jakub, Manuel, and I were assigned no trips for the summer semester because we can not be paid for working trips (since we are employed in part-time - but more than 19 hour - positions in other University of Texas departments) and apparently human resources is currently not allowing them to put us on trips as volunteers.  All in all, pretty disappointing news out of the UT RecSports program recently. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment