Friday, November 8, 2013

Guide School Acceptance

I received news yesterday that I was accepted to the University of Texas RecSports guide school along with 11 others.  I'll learn outdoor leadership skills, including most of the skills needed to become an outdoor guide for future UT trips.

I've been on two previous UT RecSports trips - a kayaking trip to Madagorda Island in Fall 2012 and a surfing trip to Padre Island National Seashore a few months ago.  Both were excellent, and I'm looking forward to hopefully leading many exciting trips in the future.

Guide school will consist of some classroom sessions, 2 days of swift water rescue training, and then an 8-day trip to Big Bend National Park.

My plan is to post details of Guide School, and subsequent trips, on this blog.  As has been seen through my travel blogging, blogging is a great way for me to process and remember great life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment